At City Fresh Foods, we believe that everyone, regardless of economic status, deserves access to nutrient-rich, great-tasting food. We also believe in supporting and strengthening our local community. Here’s how we put our passion into action:
- EXPERIENCED: Every day, we make thousands of delicious, affordable meals from scratch, and deliver them to childcare centers, schools and rehabilitation and eldercare programs throughout Eastern Massachusetts. The freshly crafted meals we serve are always age– and culture–appropriate.
- CUSTOMER FIRST: Our meal plans are backed by responsive customer service. We listen to suggestions and continually improve our service. Our clients are our partners, together we provide the highest quality service and change participants relationship with their food for the better.
- LOCAL AND FRESH: We use the freshest and most local ingredients we can get our hands on, including produce grown on the urban farms of our sister company, City Growers. City Growers transforms vacant lots in Boston into economically and environmentally sustainable farms, creating jobs and increasing access to affordable, nutritious food.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: We hire from within our community, and build sustainable, meaningful careers for our employees, most of whom live in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.
- INNOVATION: We continue to push the food industry to facilitate healthy eating, environmental sustainability and community development. Our work is a vital part of the national movement to prevent obesity, educate about nutrition and make healthful food accessible and affordable to all.